11.5.16

Iheanacho: I'm happy being compared to others


Kelechi Iheanacho has claimed that being compared to Manchester United Marcus Rashford acts as motivation
for him to become a better player.
The Manchester City forward was one of the stars of the 2015-16 campaign, with the 19-year-old one of European football’s most prolific strikers in terms of goals per minute - leading to many comparing him to the Red Devils’ whiz.
A string of impressive performances has seen Iheanacho become a popular figure at Etihad Stadium, but feels the appraisals would make him a better player.
“I love a challenge so when people compare me and Rashford, it gives me more confidence and motivation. It also makes me work even harder,” he told club website.
“I hope people keep comparing us because if we can keep challenging each other in the coming years it could be great for Manchester. If we both keep doing well, improving and scoring lots of goals for the team it could be interesting.
“Rashford is a great young talent. He is big and strong and makes good decisions so I think he's going to be a really good player for United in the coming years.
“You can learn from every player so I've learned from Rashford as well this season and I wish him all the best in his career.
“Like all young players coming through for their clubs in this country, I hope they do well and continue to do well.... He concluded.
Kelechi Iheanacho could become a key figure in Manchester city when pep takes over the club next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like